Information regarding all PhD courses
- During your PhD page. This page is maintained centrally by the PhD school. You should read carefully at least the Rules in matter of PhD programmes, the PhD Guide (aka vademecum), and the list of relevant forms.
Information regarding the PhD course in Computer Science
There are specific rules that apply to PhD students in Computer Science. A PhD student in Computer Science must:
- Up to Cycle XXXVII: Obtain at least 10 ECTS from disciplinary courses and 2 ECTS from interdisciplinary courses. Each disciplinary course consists of 2.5 ECTS.
- From Cycle XXXVIII: Obtain at least 8 ECTS from disciplinary courses and 3 ECTS from interdisciplinary courses. Each disciplinary course consists of 2 ECTS.
- Study abroad at foreign universities or research institutes for at least 6 months. This rule does not apply to students with industrial positions (executive and alto apprendistato) or students hired on specific programs that may have ad-hoc rules about the period abroad.
- In case a student intends to apply for the Erasmus Traineeship program, she/he has to request the authorization for her/his period abroad to the phd board at least 4 weeks before the deadline of the Erasmus Traineeship call. The authorization can be asked by sending an email to the Director of the phd program.
- Ph.D. Colloquia
- Ph.D. talks
- End of the Year Report and In-progress presentations
- Ph.D Day
- Choice of the supervisor
- Meetings with Students Representatives
- Meetings with Executive and Alto Apprendistato Students
Calendar of the Activities and Deadlines
For Ph.D. Colloquia and Ph.D. Talks see the calendar in the dedicated pages
22 February 2023 – 15:30: meeting with students representatives
March/April 2023: First year students identify the supervisor(s)
21 April 2023 – 15:30: meeting with executive and alto apprendistato
6 June 2023 – 15:30: meeting with students representatives
6 July 2023 PhD Day
By end of August 2023: All students submit the end-of-the-year report. All students discuss the advances and the report with their tutors. First and second year students discuss the structure of the annual presentation with the Tutor. Students are recommended to meet tutors by the end of July.
13-20 September 2023: Annual evaluation of first and second year students, to decide about the admission to the next year.
5 October 2023 – 15:30 meeting with students representatives
January 2024: Defence rehearsal of third year students